Spindrift 2 have failed to beat the Jules Verne around the world record falling agonizingly short. A message posted on their Facebook page let their fans know that at the final furlong, the weather had not been kind. Banque Populaire V’s record was off the books. Within the brief message they showed the spirit that exists within the close knit team and talked about the adventure in itself being their ultimate goal but still, they must be bitterly disappointed to have got so close.
MaxSea International sponsors the 2012 Krys Ocean Race
MaxSea International is happy to participate in the 2012 Krys Ocean Race as the Official Technical Supplier of the race direction and management team.
The Krys Ocean Race is a transatlantic crewed race who belongs to the international MOD70 circuit featuring one-design trimarans sailing from New York to Brest.
From July 7th to 14th, these 5 teams will inaugurate the first MOD70 event, with many partners on board, including MaxSea International:
- RACE FOR WATER, skipped by Stève Ravussin
- FONCIA, skipped by Michel Desjoyaux
- GROUPE EDMOND DE ROTHSCHILD, skipped by Sébastien Josse
- SPINDRIFT RACING, skipped by Yann Guichard
- MUSANDAM-OMAN SAIL, skipped by Sidney Gavignet
The 10 feet in length (21.20 meters instead of 18.28 meters) identical trimarans display these features in order to guarantee their security, reliability and performance:
- Smaller sail area (5%) providing more safety when ocean sailing
- Longer central hull (10 ft) to minimize pitch poling
- Raised beam clearance to reduce wave impacts
- Possibility to lift the center hull rudder
- Curved foils for more performance and safety
- Shorter monolithic canting mast (+/- 8%) positioned further aft in the hull
- Low temperature cured carbon fiber & foam sandwich construction
Follow the race at http://www.krys-oceanrace.com/en/ and visit their various Social Media outlets.