There are many boating blogs out there – some are general whereas others specialise in just one element of boating, from commercial fishing to safety rules and regulations. We’ve scanned the internet to pick out five great blogs that all boaters should follow! Here’s the countdown, from 5 to 1:
5. Capt’n Pauley’s Virtual Boatyard: This is very good DIY boating blog, with information on everything from rigging to boat restoration to engine maintenance. If you’re looking for some tips and advice and like to work on your boat, this is the blog for you!
4. Bitter End: Capt. Richard J. Rodriguez keeps you up to date on news related to the world of boating. A good mix of topics!
3. G-Captain: Captain John Konrad does a great job of writing entertaining and informative articles. This blog mainly focuses on commercial fishing, but even if you’re a recreational boater, you’ll find high-quality information and advice.
2. Sailing Anarchy: Scot Tempesta edits this sailing blog, and he’s a guy with attitude! This blog stands out because it takes a no-nonsense, down-to-earth approach to sailing and yachting. It’s updated several times a day and if you love sailing, you’ll find the articles very interesting. Over 80,000 likes on Facebook too – impressive!
1. Panbo: Our number one pick has got to be the ubiquitous Panbo blog. MaxSea loves it because it covers virtually everything in the world of marine electronics. Writer and editor Ben Ellison has become well-known by most people who own a boat.
Why do we like this blog so much? Because it is updated so often and you can find thorough, informed reviews of just about every major marine electronics product here. Definitely one to follow!