Since 1975, Joëlle and Janusz Kurbiel from IMERPOL, have dedicated their lives to the exploration of the North Pole. For the last few years, they have navigated through this region with the help of MaxSea TimeZero Navigator, their marine navigation software.
In this post, Janusz shares his favourite books written about the Arctic. So if you planning to navigate in this region, make sure to read as many of these books as you can!
- Blonville, Earl de – Seventh Journey – Bear Books Ed., 2009.
- Dubreuil, Nicolas – Kullorssuaq, un Village aux Confins du Groenland, Ed. La Martinière, 2013.
- Dupont, Luc – Le Passager du Nord-Ouest – Lucos Ed., 2013.
- Dupont, Luc – Voyage au Spitzberg – Lucos Ed., 2014.
- Lopez, Barry – Rêves Arctiques – Ed. Albin Michel, 1987.
- McGhee, Robert – The Last Imaginary Place: A Human History of the Arctic World – Ed. Fides, 2006.
- Mowat, Farley – The Farfarers – Seal Books Ed., 1999.
- Scoresby, William Jr. – Voyage to the Whale Fishery: 1822 – Caedmon Ed., 1980.
- Seaver, Kirsten – The Last Viking – I.B. Tauris Ed., 2010.
- Tilman, H.W. – The Eight Sailing – Mountains-Exploration Books, Diadem Ed., 1987.
If you need further information on how to purchase any of these books, just leave a comment below. Safe journey!